Wednesday, August 4, 2010

TOP of the Ninth

I'm sitting in my parents' house in what used to be my old bedroom, dictating this to my Mom.  To use a baseball metaphor, it's the top of the ninth.  
As you know since April of this year I've been dealing with very heavy duty health issues, including two major brain surgeries within four days and a liver procedure to unobstruct bile ducts.  These procedures have caused a major toll on my body despite the doctors' best efforts to help me move forward and treat my cancer.   It has come to pass that there is no longer anything anyone can do to stop the progression.  
This is a very difficult thing to come to terms with, particularly as my mind and my emotions are still completely in tact.   I am afraid because I don't know how it will feel to pass on; I have had this same fear since I was a very young boy.  In addition, I do not feel ready to leave yet, but I may not have a choice.  I hope that the transition will be smooth and peaceful and that I will not be scared.
I would like to invite all my friends and family who read this blog to contact me or my mom so that I can may arrangements to say goodbye to you.    I have been very blessed and fortunate to have extraordinary friends and family and right now my greatest hope is to be able to see the people who matter most to me so that I can express my love to them in person.  I know that because of distance, some of you will not be able to see me.   Please contact me through phone, face book or text so I can say goodbye.
I really want to make contact with my Highland Hall crew, as I have not seen many of you since our tenth year reunion.   I want to maintain a connection with you for as long as I can.  
Thank you for following my blog.   I love you and hope to see you soon.
I know that many of you have felt that I've bad breaks in life.  While my life has indeed been difficult, I would not change a thing, as my trials have made me the person I am.  I am very proud of the person I've become.

No comments: