Monday, April 19, 2010

Update from the 42nd Floor April 1th 2010

I'm sitting at my friends Eileen & Ira's kitchen table, which is on the 42nd floor of an apartment building on Manhattan's West Side. I can see Central Park and Lincoln Center and the Hudson River and the Jersey Palisades. The view is identical from the bedroom where they are letting me stay for the next few days. It was hard to sleep last night because I felt the pulse of the city below me, both a physical and audio vibration. I'm Home. I'm in New York.

The flight out of Burbank couldn't have been better; we actually got in a half hour early. Once I got in I went directly to my friend's apartment. I was quite tired so I slept for about a hour before heading down to 14th St and Ave. A to my cousin Alison's house for dinner with her, her husband Mario, my Aunt Vicki, and our mutual friend Melissa. The dinner and conversation was wonderful. It was hard to comprehend that I was actually here...

Today I am supposed to go to the eye doctor and then meet my Aunt Vicki for dinner and the theater later tonight... More to follow!

No comments: